Gotten the bouquet in a wedding…
In all the weddings I had ever been to, bouquets are thrown by the bride and a group of “single” ladies are there to catch it. I had never been to a Spanish wedding, and to my surprise, there traditions are quite different:
1. The groom and bride from the cake are handed out to the next couple that will marry.
2. The grandmas get a bouquet of flowers.
3. Sometimes if a guest’s birthday is on the same day as the wedding, the groom and bride are thoughtful enough to organise something for them.
4. If there are any pregnant ladies in the guests, they might also get a recognition about it. Like a name tag for the baby on board, or a sucker in the plate of the mom.
5. And relevant to this post: the Bouquet is handed out. My interpretation of who they give it to the single lady to whom there is a clear message: you need all the help you can get because we really want you out of the market!
And so, I got it…